For the Ultimate Relaxation Experience
Take a pleasant walk in a peaceful eucalyptus forest, enjoy discovering things
that you normally don't notice while walking in a forest.
Enjoy mindfulness activities in the forest such as Photographying nature,
Learn Tai Chi breathing to calm your mind.
Enjoy Complimentary Japanese Tea and snacks at the end of the walk.
This is a wonderful chance to relax, connect with nature and experience a sense of bliss.
What is "Shinrin-yoku 森林浴 (Forest-Bathing)?
"Shinrin" means Forest, "Yoku" means Bathing.
Shinrin-yoku is the practice of walking slowly through the woods, in no hurry, for a morning,
an afternoon or a day. You bathe in the environment of the forest, using all your senses to
experience nature upclose.
It is a simple natural therapy which has been done for many years.
Benefits of Shinrin-yoku :
* Increases physiological relaxation
* Lowers the stress level
* Improves quality of life
* Improves quality of sleep
* Reduces sympathetic nerve system and increase parasympathetic nerve system
* Improvement of weakened immunity with an increase in the count of natural killer (NK) cells,
which are known to fight disease
* Potentially reduce the cost and strain a health services that caused by stress-related illness
With Shinrin-Yoku, trees provides fresh oxygen so you can take a deeper breath and the green colours of the leaves sooth your eyes, sounds of birds calm the noise in your head and you feel the breeze on your skin. In a very short time you enter a relaxed state of mind !
An enjoyable and new experience !
Initial 10 mins found already relaxing and mindful. Tai Chi breathing exercise was great.
Shinrin-Yoku Walk outline :
What you will learn :
- The concept & benefit of Shinrin-Yoku
- Learn and practice Tai Chi Breathing
- Enjoy discovering hidden things in a forest
- Enjoy activities during the walk
What to bring :
- Good walking shoes & wear comfortable clothing
- Sun screen
- Mosquito repellent
- Camera / mobile phone
- Yoga Mat/Bath Towel
Duration : 2.5 hours to 3 hours
Cost : $49 p/p
*** Max 6 people for each walk.
Shinrin-Yoku Walk Dates 2020 :
Due to the Australian Government's new restriction statement for COVID-19, all Shinrin-yoku walks are cancelled. I apologise for all inconvenience. I look forward to resume
the event after the situation settles down.
(as of 25 March 2020)
Bookings : Click the date below.
Sunday 22nd March 2020 : The Swain Garden Booked Out
Sunday 29th March 2020 : The Swain Garden Cancelled
April 2020 : TBA
May 2020 : TBA
June 2020 : TBA